2022 Adina Talve-Goodman One Story Fellowship
Deadline: October 18, 2021
Together with the Talve-Goodman Family, One Story is pleased to announce the Adina Talve-Goodman Fellowship. This educational fellowship will offer a year-long mentorship on the craft of fiction writing with One Story magazine, including:
1. Free tuition for all One Story online classes offered in 2022.
2. Stipend ($2,000) and tuition to attend One Story’s July 2022 week-long online summer writers’ conference, which includes craft lectures, an intensive fiction workshop, and panels with literary agents and publishers.
3. A full manuscript review & consultation with One Story Executive Editor Hannah Tinti (story collection or novel in progress up to 150 pages/35,000 words).
Requirements: This fellowship calls for an early-career writer of fiction who has not yet published a book and is not currently nor has ever been enrolled in an advanced degree program (such as an MA or MFA) in Creative Writing, English, or Literature, and has no plans to attend one in the 2022 calendar year. We are seeking writers whose work speaks to issues and experiences related to inhabiting bodies of difference. This means writing that explores being in a body marked by difference, oppression, violence, or exclusion; often through categories of race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, class, religion, illness, disability, trauma, migration, displacement, dispossession, or imprisonment. All applicants must be at least 21 years of age as of January 1, 2022. For more info, please read our FAQ.
Checklist: To apply to this fellowship you will need:
1. A fiction writing sample (3,000-5,000 words)
2. A personal statement (600-1100 words)
3. Two professional references (No recommendation letters but please provide: Name, email, phone)
4. A current resume (one page detailing any work or educational experience)
Deadline: October 18, 2021 at 11:59pm EST. There is NO FEE to apply for this fellowship. Winner will be announced in January 2022. *If you have been published by One Story, if you have been a reader for One Story, or if you have ever been employed by One Story, you are not eligible for this fellowship.